— June 23, 2013
Be sure to look out for the Moon these next few months as it approaches Perigee, because the full moons during these times will appear exceptionally large. The Moon will be at its Perigee, or closest approach, in July 23 and it will reach full moon only a few minutes after it passes this point in its orbit.
These ‘super moons’ not only appear larger because they are physically closer but, combined with a full moon, the mind can play tricks on you to think they are much larger. This phenomena is called the Moon Illusion. Try to catch these full moons as they rise/set because the illusion works when there is an object in the foreground, like a tree, building or mountains.
Tubby, fatty, chubby cartoons in newspaper.
SHARE TO SAVE TUMBLR!
- Let’s try and get 100k notes
A review by one of the folks sums it up perfectly:
“What worries me about Yahoo! buying Tumblr is how it would choose to incorporate the website into its email and homepage features. One of the reasons why Tumblr is so unique is because it’s a niche market. By adding more users who don’t fit into this niche, it would make it more difficult for communities to develop within Tumblr, and Tumblr would have to change to accommodate these new users. Tumblr as a website is not the kind that you can sign up for in a day and be on your way. It is a website crafted so that you can immediately post but must spend several weeks, sometimes even months, to build a community. With new users who would not be willing to spend time growing a community, Tumblr would have to be changed, which would alienate its current users. Those users have spent time and effort to make Tumblr what it is today, and they are the ones who spend time on the website daily. A user who is checking onto Tumblr because it’s attached to their homepage is not going to be as strong of a user nor as dedicated. By changing the website to suit this new user, you would lose the strong users while building an undedicated usership.
To any website that would think of buying Tumblr, they must understand that it is a website that cannot be changed to make it more user friendly to a casual blogger. I think that many Tumblr users would be less worried about a buy-out if they were promised that their communities and ways of using Tumblr would not be changed. No one is going to mind Yahoo! buying the website and gaining a few extra million dollars per year from the minimal advertising; what we will be upset with is if a company like Yahoo! then changes the website to increase casual users and decrease dedicated users. Yahoo! would gain nothing by losing this “cool” group of bloggers in an age group they so desperately want to reach, so they must cater to these individuals by leaving the website exactly as is.” - houseoftombombadilAs much as is does sound like a load of bullshit for someone to buy Tumblr, it’s a possibility. I Personally think it should stay independent and I hope David Karp keeps a hold of it like his own child. Or we make enough noise to where such major changes (if bought) will not happen. I would hate to see Tumblr turned into an advertising dump.We’re not a ‘hip fad group’ to be marketed to. I hate the fact that’s all we look like to businesses in the end.
Fantasiada, menina interage com cangurus em parque na Austrália; veja mais fotos: http://folha.com/131372 (Foto: Carters News/The Grosby Group)
To be honest, I usually have a hard time curing my own art block—BUT FEAR NOT! I can name a few things that have helped me in the past. I hope you find something that can help you because art block is the worst, man.
- NEW MUSIC. Sometimes listening to all the same old stuff causes my mental pattern to repeat and when it’s repeating while I’m in art block, my art block naturally persists. Sometimes if I find some new tunes that I really like, they can help get my creative process goin’. Go out in search of new music!
- Stare at art you like. Visit some of the galleries or blogs of your long-time favorite artists and go through their pages, all the way back to page one! Think back when you first discovered them and look back at the old pics that might have motivated you in the past. Sometimes that can rekindle your motivation, remembering what motivated you about that picture.
- This doesn’t have much to do with art block as much as it does, maybe, just being discouraged from drawing, but it’s good advice nonetheless:Never let the good art of your idols or artistic friends that you might feel are ‘better than you’ discourage you, ever! Instead of letting that make you feel worse about your art and make you want to stop, turn that feeling into determination to become better instead. It all started somewhere with any artist. Look at them now, they’re great, and you will be too. And remember that the more you draw the better you’ll become. Every picture, even ones that you think are failures, give you experience points.
- Watch speedpaints. This is great for inspiration, watching how other artists do their thing. When you get to see a good picture from the beginning stages, it makes the sight/idea of a blank canvas less depressing or intimidating.
- Get obsessed with something! Seriously, this helps me a lot. When I find an obsession with a show or game or comic, that usually gives me inspiration to be creative myself, even if it only fills me with desire to draw fanart of whatever I’m obsessed with. Which brings me to…
- DRAW FANART. This has pulled me out of many art blocks (THANK YOU, POKEMON!). Fanart is art too, so after I’ve stretched my legs with a good hearty helping of fanart, I find myself more able to draw my own OCs and things more freely.
- Try a different medium or program. A simple change of scenery can help a lot more than you might think. Sometimes when SAI isn’t doing it for me, I’ll doodle on MS Paint or at an oekaki and I’m back in the swing of drawing in no time.
- Fool around with your style or subject matter or both! Like the change of scenery, mixing up what or how you draw can really help. Feeling restricted to the same artistic routine sucks. Style consistency is great and all, but you want to feel free with your art, so break a few rules, and maybe apply some of the things that make you feel liberated to your ‘official style.’ That might prevent you from getting into a rut later on.
That’s all the ways I can think of off the top of my head. I hope you find your way out of that art block!
(Rebloggable by a couple requests!!)
Actually we draconequuses sometimes experience problems with object permanence. As soon as we lose eye contact with something it simply stops existing for us. Although it works only with those objects which we really dislike. Sadly enough, explanation for this phenomenon is nonexistent. As well as broccoli. And magic of friendship. I would have remembered if they were real.
The Mineral Pyrite, or Iron Sulfate (FeS2) is commonly referred to as Fools Gold for its particular brass/yellow hue, aswell as its shine.
Many miners had mistaken Pyrite for real gold when they first found it and later found out they were wrong - That would really have sucked!
If your mother is into gem stones (or just shiny things, everyone loves shiny things…) and you’re still undecided on what to get her for mothers day, Diamonds are boring ;) Get her something intriguing like a Pyrite Bracelet, or a Pyrite Ring.
Or even, if your mother likes reading (or you/anyone else) about gem stones, you could always check out this great book!
Happy Mothers Day!
Iron(II) sulfate - FeSO4
Iron(III) sulfate - Fe2(SO4)3
Iron(II) sulfide - FeS
Iron(III) sulfide - Fe2S3
Right, sorry, I did mean to say “Iron Sulfide” instead of Sulfate, which is one of the sulfide’s you missed, btw. It has a Sulfide-Sulfide bond in it giving it cyclic crystal properties.
Sand, under a 250x microscope
file under things that make me want to cry about the magnificence of the world
Reminds me of I spy
Special japanese syllables .
This set of symbols is special bacause allow write sound uncommon in japanese language including the “v” sounds.
Now I have a better way to write “voulez”.
Syllabes of japanese language, part 02 of 03.